02285: Re: [WDDM] Voting system

From: "Vijayaraghavan Padmanabhan" <vijayaraghavan.p(at)rediffmail.com>
Date: 7 Sep 2009 10:33:33 -0000
Subject: Re: [WDDM] Voting system

Dear Jim,
You may try applying, for your local community, the model developed for 'Association of Independents' web platform and posted for voting on the Voting system link of the WDDM site. You may find my discussion with Bill (posted on the mailing list of WDDM) on how his concept of 'New Democratic Party' is very much simlar to the 'Association Of Independents' concept - to be useful. Of particular interest is the fact that - Bill has summarized, based on his research, on what exactly are the expectations of people from an ideal political system (or party); this fortuitously and strangely, happens to correspond to what 'Association of Independents' seeks to achieve.

In case you want me to explain it directly to you again, I can do it. It would be great if a start could be made on 'real ground' for applying the principles of True Democracy. While Lata Gouveia's Citizenmundi is attempting to test the principles in 'simulated ground', which may be instructive for many, many like me would like to see a start made for real action on the ground (though web-based for the time being) at the earliest.

Regards,

Vijayaraghavan P

On Fri, 04 Sep 2009 19:05:20 +0530 wrote

Hi All

I remember development of a web based voting system. I wouldlike to use it for my local community. Any details?

Regards

Jim Powell South Africa